Under the supervision of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MESRS) and the Directorate of Scientific Research and Technological Development (DGRSDT), the Research Center on Scientific and Technical Information (CERIST) organizes challenge days on "Smart living & environments" on June 19-20 and 21, 2018.
The call is open to young researchers, students or project leaders who wish to engage in the competition of ideas on futuristic themes but with immediate societal impact.
One of the key challenges in the coming years is to make our living and work spaces (buildings, roads, cities, transportations, farms, entertainment spaces, etc.) smart and aware of the impacts on environment (energy consumption, pollution). New information and communication technologies will be the principle assets that enable achieving smartness in next generation cyber-physical systems, where the physical objects in our environment (buildings, transports, electrical grids, farms, etc.) will be in direct connection and form unique systems with the computers and electronic devices that will monitor and acts on the environment. These technologies include Internet of Things (IoT) solutions based on wireless communications, sensors and mobile networks, distributed systems, big data analytics, social computing, cognitive computing, etc.
The aim of these days is to bring talented graduate students with advanced demos involving smart connected objects and actors from the industry together to pave ways towards real investments on innovative ideas in related topics, which include but are not limited to.
- Smart buildings
- Smart grids and innovative energy management solutions
- Smart transportation and road management solutions
- Smart Precision agriculture
- Smart healthcare systems
- Smart solution for infrastructure monitoring (bridges, pipelines, electrical grids, water distribution networks, etc.)
- Smart solutions for environment monitoring and preservation (e.g., air/water pollution)
- Smart food and distribution chains
- Smart solutions for entertainment and social activities
Participation modalities will be communicated later